WATCH: Out Calif. Rep. Mark Takano Submits His First Bill
BY Sunnivie Brydum
March 07 2013 8:03 PM ET
In a tweet posted February 26, Takano composed a video montage of his journey to submit his first bill to Congress. He also recorded a video of his first speech in Congress, introducing himself to the U.S. House of Representatives, and noting his historic election as proof of the persistence of the American Dream.
Despite his apparent technical aptitude, Takano contends he's not be biggest geek in his office. "I don't consider myself a techie geek," the Democrat told CNET. "My chief of staff is probably the first [geek on staff], and [my legislative] director probably picked out the best techie geek resumes."
— Twitter Government (@gov) February 26, 2013
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown