WATCH: Out Calif. Rep. Mark Takano Submits His First Bill
BY Sunnivie Brydum
March 07 2013 8:03 PM ET
In a tweet posted February 26, Takano composed a video montage of his journey to submit his first bill to Congress. He also recorded a video of his first speech in Congress, introducing himself to the U.S. House of Representatives, and noting his historic election as proof of the persistence of the American Dream.
Despite his apparent technical aptitude, Takano contends he's not be biggest geek in his office. "I don't consider myself a techie geek," the Democrat told CNET. "My chief of staff is probably the first [geek on staff], and [my legislative] director probably picked out the best techie geek resumes."
— Twitter Government (@gov) February 26, 2013
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'