WATCH: Out Calif. Rep. Mark Takano Submits His First Bill
BY Sunnivie Brydum
March 07 2013 8:03 PM ET
In a tweet posted February 26, Takano composed a video montage of his journey to submit his first bill to Congress. He also recorded a video of his first speech in Congress, introducing himself to the U.S. House of Representatives, and noting his historic election as proof of the persistence of the American Dream.
Despite his apparent technical aptitude, Takano contends he's not be biggest geek in his office. "I don't consider myself a techie geek," the Democrat told CNET. "My chief of staff is probably the first [geek on staff], and [my legislative] director probably picked out the best techie geek resumes."
— Twitter Government (@gov) February 26, 2013
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 39 min 10 sec ago
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 42 min 1 sec ago
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 2 hours 42 min ago
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered May 23 2013 7:02 PM