'Ex-Gay' Leader: Justices, Obama Are on the Down Low — Plus They're Nazis
BY Trudy Ring
July 05 2013 7:07 PM ET
“Ex-gay” activist Greg Quinlan has pulled out all the stops, in a contradictory manner, in his outrage at recent Supreme Court decisions in favor of marriage equality: He says justices Anthony Kennedy and Elena Kagan are simultaneously “black-robed Nazis” and gays on the down low.
President Obama’s on the down low too, Quinlan told hosts Bradlee Dean and Jake McMillan on Sons of Liberty Radio this week. Right Wing Watch has audio clips of the show.
Quinlan, president of Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays and Gays, said Kennedy and Kagan seek to “accommodate their own personal predilections, including their own sexuality.” Kennedy, who wrote the majority opinion striking down a key portion of the Defense of Marriage Act, “has a predilection on the down low,” he said, and Obama is a “down low president.” He also said LGBT rights advocates are trying to destroy religion and the U.S. Constitution.
Quinlan is scheduled to speak at the Family Research Council’s Ex-Gay Pride Month dinner and reception July 31; the event will mark the launch of two new ex-gay groups, Voice of the Voiceless and Equality and Justice for All. Other invited speakers include congressional representatives Michele Bachmann and Tim Huelskamp; the latter is backing an amendment to the U.S. Constitution to ban same-sex marriage.
- Yet Another Court Tells Bobby Jindal to Issue Marriage Licenses
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Smacks Down States Resisting Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation
- The Marriage Equality Photo Seen Round the World
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality