Antigay Pol Claims His Antigay Comments Were Taken 'Out of Context'
BY Michelle Garcia
September 25 2013 2:45 PM ET
Virginia lieutenant governor candidate E.W. Jackson claims that the homophobic comments that he has been criticized for making have been taken "out of context."
"I believe in the power of love, I've been teaching it for 30 years," he said Tuesday. "I don't I treat anybody with disrespect, and those comments have been taken completely out of context."
As previously reported, Jackson has a long history of incendiary statements, including comparing Planned Parenthood to the Ku Klux Klan, claiming that gays and lesbians have "perverted" minds and are "very sick people psychologically, mentally, and emotionally," saying openly gay and lesbian soldiers are "sexually twisted," and advocating for a law that would have required women to report miscarriages to police or face jail time.
Jackson, a Republican, tweeted that President Barak Obama's declaration that June was LGBT Pride Month made him "feel ikky [sic] all over. Yuk!"
Jackson defended his character at a debate Tuesday, but a new ad shows that his record of antigay statements has plenty of documentation:
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 1 hour 46 min ago
- Coming Out WATCH: Mom Affirms Love in Son's Coming-Out Video 2 hours 8 min ago
- People Photo of the Day: DLB and Tom Daley Share a Moment in Houston 2 hours 16 min ago
- Marriage Equality Australia Re-Bans Same-Sex Marriage 2 hours 24 min ago
- Entertainment News Damien Lewis vs. Ian McKellen: Homeland Actor Apologizes 2 hours 27 min ago
- Politics WATCH: Right-Wing 'Documentary' Tries to Defend 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 2 hours 35 min ago
- Internet Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay 2:44 PM