7 Scary Stories for a Homophobic Halloween
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 25 2013 2:30 PM ET
The Muppets Are Coming
When The New Yorker depicted Bert and Ernie in a loving embrace on its cover over the summer, the American Family Association's Bryan Fischer knew what lurked beneath: a threat, not only to the sanctity of marriage, but the sanctity of the children! Fischer called the cover a form of child abuse. We all know how scary it is for children to see two of their favorite characters... hugging!
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel