WATCH: Ted Cruz's Dad Says Gays Hijacked Word, Are Potential Predators
BY Trudy Ring
November 06 2013 3:10 PM ET
There are yet more antigay rants emerging from Rafael Cruz, the minister father of high-profile Republican senator Ted Cruz, including speeches in which he says gay people have hijacked the word “gay,” and are likely to be sexual predators.
A video posted on YouTube and shared by Right Wing Watch shows Rafael Cruz saying that use of the word “gay” for homosexuals is like the designation “pro-choice” for abortion-rights supporters (who, he says, should be called “pro-death” or “pro-murder”). “It’s just like calling homosexuals ‘gays,’” he says. “‘Gay’ means happy. They try to dilute it so that it becomes socially acceptable.”
In the speech, before a Tea Party group called Grassroots America We the People, he also exhorts his audience to “start being biblically correct instead of politically correct.”
Right Wing Watch has also unearthed audio of a Cruz talk at a Baptist church in Texas last June, in which he denounces the Boy Scouts of America for ending its ban on gay youth. "I certainly don’t want my child with a potential sexual predator sleeping next to him,” he said.
Watch and listen below.
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- Finnish Postal Service Will Release Tom of Finland Stamps
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- Op-ed: I'm a Gay Guy at a Christian College
- Op-ed: How Not to React When an LGBT Teacher Is Fired
- WATCH: Antigay Activists Arrested at Canadian University