WATCH: Ted Cruz's Dad Says Gays Hijacked Word, Are Potential Predators
BY Trudy Ring
November 06 2013 3:10 PM ET
There are yet more antigay rants emerging from Rafael Cruz, the minister father of high-profile Republican senator Ted Cruz, including speeches in which he says gay people have hijacked the word “gay,” and are likely to be sexual predators.
A video posted on YouTube and shared by Right Wing Watch shows Rafael Cruz saying that use of the word “gay” for homosexuals is like the designation “pro-choice” for abortion-rights supporters (who, he says, should be called “pro-death” or “pro-murder”). “It’s just like calling homosexuals ‘gays,’” he says. “‘Gay’ means happy. They try to dilute it so that it becomes socially acceptable.”
In the speech, before a Tea Party group called Grassroots America We the People, he also exhorts his audience to “start being biblically correct instead of politically correct.”
Right Wing Watch has also unearthed audio of a Cruz talk at a Baptist church in Texas last June, in which he denounces the Boy Scouts of America for ending its ban on gay youth. "I certainly don’t want my child with a potential sexual predator sleeping next to him,” he said.
Watch and listen below.
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either