Maddow to Putin: Ha! Take That!
BY Michelle Garcia
December 18 2013 2:49 PM ET
MSNBC host Rachel Maddow echoes what many were probably thinking when they saw the announcement about the U.S. delegation to the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia.
The Obama administration announced Tuesday that President Obama, Vice President Biden, and First Lady Michelle Obama, who had traveled with the American delegation to previous games, would not be attending the 2014 Olympics in Russia in any official capacity. Instead, the delegation would include two openly gay athletes: tennis icon Billie Jean King and Olympic hockey player Caitlyn Cahow.
"The combination of having openly gay people in the delegation and pointedly not sending any high-ranking, high-profile people from our government does seem at least like a particularly satisfying snub," said Maddow. "I'm not sure if that's exactly how they meant it, but that's sure how it feels."
Watch the video below:
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Gov. Mike Pence: 'This Is a Perception Problem'
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?