Maddow to Putin: Ha! Take That!
BY Michelle Garcia
December 18 2013 2:49 PM ET
MSNBC host Rachel Maddow echoes what many were probably thinking when they saw the announcement about the U.S. delegation to the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia.
The Obama administration announced Tuesday that President Obama, Vice President Biden, and First Lady Michelle Obama, who had traveled with the American delegation to previous games, would not be attending the 2014 Olympics in Russia in any official capacity. Instead, the delegation would include two openly gay athletes: tennis icon Billie Jean King and Olympic hockey player Caitlyn Cahow.
"The combination of having openly gay people in the delegation and pointedly not sending any high-ranking, high-profile people from our government does seem at least like a particularly satisfying snub," said Maddow. "I'm not sure if that's exactly how they meant it, but that's sure how it feels."
Watch the video below:
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination
- Pet Shop Boys Remix Irish Drag Queen's Powerful Speech Against Homophobia
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist March 10 2014 7:44 PM
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! March 10 2014 6:22 PM
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias March 10 2014 6:08 PM