Timeline: When Executive Orders Came First?
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 07 2014 7:00 AM ET
March 6, 1961
President John F. Kennedy signs Executive Order 10925, requiring government contractors to “take affirmative action” to ensure that applicants and employees are treated equally without regard to their race, creed, color, or national origin.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- Hot Sheet: Openly Serving, Openly Loving
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs