Timeline: When Executive Orders Came First?
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 07 2014 7:00 AM ET
March 6, 1961
President John F. Kennedy signs Executive Order 10925, requiring government contractors to “take affirmative action” to ensure that applicants and employees are treated equally without regard to their race, creed, color, or national origin.
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- 15 Queer Documentaries That Helped Define Us