Timeline: When Executive Orders Came First?
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 07 2014 7:00 AM ET
March 6, 1961
President John F. Kennedy signs Executive Order 10925, requiring government contractors to “take affirmative action” to ensure that applicants and employees are treated equally without regard to their race, creed, color, or national origin.
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- Congresswoman Slams Science Magazine for Transphobic, Sexist Cover
- Arizona: Marriage Ban Wasn't Meant to Harm Gay Couples
- Tow Truck Operator Targets LGBT Drivers During Gay Days
- Michele Bachmann Is Back With One of Her Most Homophobic Comments Ever