Timeline: When Executive Orders Came First?
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 07 2014 6:00 AM ET
March 6, 1961
President John F. Kennedy signs Executive Order 10925, requiring government contractors to “take affirmative action” to ensure that applicants and employees are treated equally without regard to their race, creed, color, or national origin.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Mississippi Marriage Ban Struck Down
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers