Timeline: When Executive Orders Came First?
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 07 2014 6:00 AM ET
July 2, 1964
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 outlawed major forms of discrimination against racial, ethnic, national and religious minorities, and women, in public accommodations and the workplace.
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died