Timeline: When Executive Orders Came First?
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 07 2014 7:00 AM ET
September 24, 1965
President Lyndon B. Johnson signs Executive Order 11246 requiring all federal contractors to ensure fair employment practices regardless of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
- Minister to LGBT People: Thanks for Making Me More Antigay
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- White House to Unveil New HIV Strategy
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers