Timeline: When Executive Orders Came First?
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 07 2014 7:00 AM ET
September 24, 1965
President Lyndon B. Johnson signs Executive Order 11246 requiring all federal contractors to ensure fair employment practices regardless of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Smacks Down States Resisting Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- The Marriage Equality Photo Seen Round the World
- WATCH: The Surprising Way GOP Candidates Define 'Discrimination'
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation