Clear as Mud: 7 Times Support Didn't Sound Supportive
BY Trudy Ring
April 01 2014 6:00 AM ET
A&E channel: In a December interview, Phil Robertson, patriarch of the family duck-call business at the center of popular reality show Duck Dynasty, included homosexuality in a long list of sins, including bestiality, drunkenness, and prostitution. A&E quickly removed him for the show, then almost as quickly said he’d be back on it, while on the other hand asserting the network’s commitment to diversity and equality. Oh, and other members of the Robertson clan have spouted antigay remarks too. We don’t plan to be watching Duck Dynasty, but maybe we shouldn’t watch anything on the network? With a record like that, and with plenty of options, you can't blame LGBT viewers for changing channels.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'