Clear as Mud: 7 Times Support Didn't Sound Supportive
BY Trudy Ring
April 01 2014 6:00 AM ET
A&E channel: In a December interview, Phil Robertson, patriarch of the family duck-call business at the center of popular reality show Duck Dynasty, included homosexuality in a long list of sins, including bestiality, drunkenness, and prostitution. A&E quickly removed him for the show, then almost as quickly said he’d be back on it, while on the other hand asserting the network’s commitment to diversity and equality. Oh, and other members of the Robertson clan have spouted antigay remarks too. We don’t plan to be watching Duck Dynasty, but maybe we shouldn’t watch anything on the network? With a record like that, and with plenty of options, you can't blame LGBT viewers for changing channels.
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Op-ed: Whither Gay Provincetown?