Clear as Mud: 7 Times Support Didn't Sound Supportive
BY Trudy Ring
April 01 2014 6:00 AM ET
Barilla: In September the Italian pasta company’s chairman said Barilla would never feature a gay couple in an ad and that he also opposed adoption by gays. And if they didn’t like it, he said, they could eat someone else’s pasta. LGBT activists immediately said they’d be happy to. The company then announced a “diversity and inclusion” initiative, but we haven’t heard of any concrete actions coming out of it. Still, The New York Times thinks the boycott is over; we think such a call is premature.
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series