Clear as Mud: 7 Times Support Didn't Sound Supportive
BY Trudy Ring
April 01 2014 6:00 AM ET
Barilla: In September the Italian pasta company’s chairman said Barilla would never feature a gay couple in an ad and that he also opposed adoption by gays. And if they didn’t like it, he said, they could eat someone else’s pasta. LGBT activists immediately said they’d be happy to. The company then announced a “diversity and inclusion” initiative, but we haven’t heard of any concrete actions coming out of it. Still, The New York Times thinks the boycott is over; we think such a call is premature.
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: Equality Advocates Picket Antigay Kentucky Clerk
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- WATCH: Is CNN Coverage of Virginia Gunman Homophobic?