Clear as Mud: 7 Times Support Didn't Sound Supportive
BY Trudy Ring
April 01 2014 5:00 AM ET
Barilla: In September the Italian pasta company’s chairman said Barilla would never feature a gay couple in an ad and that he also opposed adoption by gays. And if they didn’t like it, he said, they could eat someone else’s pasta. LGBT activists immediately said they’d be happy to. The company then announced a “diversity and inclusion” initiative, but we haven’t heard of any concrete actions coming out of it. Still, The New York Times thinks the boycott is over; we think such a call is premature.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Will Florida Arrest Clerks for Marrying Gay Couples?