Clear as Mud: 7 Times Support Didn't Sound Supportive
BY Trudy Ring
April 01 2014 5:00 AM ET
Salvation Army: Last year the venerable evangelical Christian charity removed two links to “ex-gay” groups from its website, and officials said they do not “consider homosexual orientation a sin.” The group has also adopted an employment policy that prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation. In previous years, LGBT advocates had suggested that there were better places to make charitable contributions than in the Salvation Army’s ubiquitous red Christmas kettles, citing various antigay efforts by the group. Some still assert that the Salvation Army hasn’t entirely abandoned those. So perhaps we should shop at other thrift stores, and when the holidays roll around, well, we’ll see.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment