Queer Eye Confidential
BY Michael Giltz
August 18 2003 12:00 AM ET
REMAKING THE FUTURE
the next step for gay reality TV? A reality show about a
group of gay people who help someone come out?
Something even more political?
such an exciting time in gay America,” says Ted,
referring to June’s victories at the U.S.
Supreme Court and with marriage in Canada. “So
much has happened. Before we had any idea of what was going
to happen to this show, we get the Supremes, we get
Carson butts in:
“The Supremes are getting back together?”
"You know what I
mean by the Supremes,” says Ted.
Supremes are gay?” asks Carson.
the Fab 5 all look forward to the day when gay people on
TV are not a novelty.
“That’s why I’m very excited for Ellen
[DeGeneres],” Kyan says. “She’s
got this talk show that’s coming out. It’s not
being marketed as a gay show by a gay person.
It’s just Ellen DeGeneres.”
“Snaps to Ellen for coming out and paving the
And the Fab 5 all
snap their fingers.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Analysis: Nope, Same-Sex Marriage Doesn't Dissuade Straight People from Getting Married