Fall 2005 art previews
August 28 2005 11:00 PM ET
Dialogues: Duchamp, Cornell, Johns, Rauschenberg
Dallas: Dallas Museum of Art, Sept. 4–Jan. 8.
Four major 20th-century artists, two of them gay:
Jasper Johns and Robert Rauschenberg form half of this
Warhol Legacy: Selections From the Andy Warhol Museum
Washington, D.C.: Corcoran Gallery of Art, Sept.
24–Feb. 19. More than 150 paintings,
sculptures, films, and other pieces by the queer high priest
of pop art.
John Waters: Change of Life Newport Beach, Calif.:
Orange County Museum of Art, Oct. 30–Jan. 15.
Some 80 recent photographs and sculptures, including
Waters’s “little movies,” which reduce
a whole film to a single still.
Beauford Delaney: From New York to Paris
Philadelphia: Philadelphia Museum of Art, Nov.
13–Jan. 29. Now in Greenville, S.C., this
traveling show takes the out African-American painter from
New York realism to Paris abstracts.
Robert Rauschenberg: Combines New York City:
Metropolitan Museum of Art, Dec. 20–April 2.
Rauschenberg is back with this exhibit devoted to his
signature “combines”—mixed-media pieces
in which painting, sculpture, found objects,
photographs, and attitude come together in style.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Gay Man Allegedly Assaulted by Hasidic Gang in New York
- Op-ed: Separate or Together?
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes December 10 2013 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn December 10 2013 5:38 PM