BY Mike Albo
December 15 2009 5:40 PM ET
You are probably aware that alongside our mundane world, there is an ever-expanding parallel reality — the Celebrity Industrial Complex — where people try to make themselves look provocative and interesting so that you pay attention to them.
For example, Tila Tequila — the pseudo-celebrity promotion machine — has been making sure the mediaverse is fully aware she is engaged to Casey Johnson, the heir to the Johnson & Johnson fortune. (Can you believe it? Tila found someone with money! All those poor contestants over two seasons of A Shot at Love never had a chance! I can’t believe she wasn’t furreal!)
As reported by Us Weekly, Tequila prepares her fans for the big news in a video message, saying, “So are you ready for this big announcement that's going to change our lives? This is exclusive and going to be all over the news tomorrow, but because I love you guys so much, we are giving you the exclusive first.”
She shows off a ring which she insists is "not fake, because my baby is a fucking baller. She's a billionaire! She's the heiress of Johnson & Johnson. Anyway, we are going to make love tonight for our honeymoon.”
It’s tough to stand out these days. With more and more celebrities and celebrity wannabes, provocative behavior is becoming integral to any fame-seeker’s career pursuits. Some have to sneak into the White House to get airtime, but if you are a pretty young thing, you can try making out with another girl and becoming a fauxmosexual celesbian to get noticed.
Even talented artists do it.
- Fred Phelps Excommunicated and Near Death?
- A Brief History of Gays and the St. Patrick's Day Parade
- LGBT Exclusion Costs St. Paddy's Parades
- WATCH: Ark. High School Yearbook Refuses to Profile Out Student
- Author of Russia's 'Gay Propaganda' Law Sanctioned for Role in Ukraine Crisis
- WATCH: First Gay Hug Parodies First Kiss Viral Video
- Travel WeHo's Most Notorious Nudie Motel Going Mainstream 6 min 19 sec ago
- Women 31 Most Eligible Out Women of 2014 18 min 16 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain - How Two Women Fall In Love 32 min 11 sec ago
- Russia Author of Russia's 'Gay Propaganda' Law Sanctioned for Role in Ukraine Crisis 34 min 21 sec ago
- Youth WATCH: Ark. Yearbook Cuts Profile of Gay Student 54 min 13 sec ago
- Women WATCH: PLL's Shay Mitchell - 'Sometimes I'd Rather Kiss Another Girl' 1 hour 16 min ago
- Politics Ore. AG Rules 'Religious Freedom' Bill Title Must Say 'Discrimination' 1 hour 31 min ago