Your GOP Primary Guide
BY Michelle Garcia
January 10 2012 4:00 AM ET
This primary season has sparked some heavy debate on issues ranging from job creation to abortion, but nothing gets conservatives riled up quite like gay rights. The field of Republican candidates may be narrowing — Michele Bachmann and Herman Cain most notably exiting — but LGBT Republicans and their allies still have the choice of several candidates. On the eve of the nation's first primary for 2012, we take a look at the main candidates' most recent polling numbers and some of their strong stances from the past year. Whether you're headed to the polls in the coming months or waiting for the big election in November, we hope this guide can help.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Gay Man Allegedly Assaulted by Hasidic Gang in New York
- Op-ed: Separate or Together?
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes December 10 2013 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn December 10 2013 5:38 PM