Romney's Potential Veeps: How Antigay Are They?
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 17 2012 3:00 AM ET
Kelly Ayotte, U.S. senator from New Hampshire
- Although New Hampshire now permits same-sex marriage, Ayotte opposes it and supports repeal of the marriage equality law. A Republican repeal effort failed in the state earlier this year.
- She and Romney both support the Defense of Marriage Act. “I do not think we should overturn DOMA," Ayotte said during a 2010 debate, "because it’s absolutely for states to decide marriage."
- In the 2010 Christian Coalition survey, Ayotte indicated her support for a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage across the country. Romney also supports the amendment.
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: What's the Next Hot Destination? 26 min 43 sec ago
- Internet WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas? 56 min 40 sec ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Glenn Beck Has Gay Friends, So He's Not Intolerant 1 hour 1 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Remembering Mandela 1 hour 42 min ago
- Marriage Equality Illinois Family Institute Compares Marriage Equality to Junk Food 2 hours 25 min ago
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts UPDATED: 2 hours 25 min ago
- People Lady Gaga Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics 2 hours 47 min ago