Romney's Potential Veeps: How Antigay Are They?
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 17 2012 4:00 AM ET
Kelly Ayotte, U.S. senator from New Hampshire
- Although New Hampshire now permits same-sex marriage, Ayotte opposes it and supports repeal of the marriage equality law. A Republican repeal effort failed in the state earlier this year.
- She and Romney both support the Defense of Marriage Act. “I do not think we should overturn DOMA," Ayotte said during a 2010 debate, "because it’s absolutely for states to decide marriage."
- In the 2010 Christian Coalition survey, Ayotte indicated her support for a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage across the country. Romney also supports the amendment.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Hillary Clinton's Kind Words to Gay Kid 'Afraid' for His Future
- WATCH: Rick Santorum Thinks 'People Aren't Getting Married'
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Texas Couple Who Sued for Marriage License Will Now Receive It