Romney's Potential Veeps: How Antigay Are They?
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 17 2012 4:00 AM ET
Kelly Ayotte, U.S. senator from New Hampshire
- Although New Hampshire now permits same-sex marriage, Ayotte opposes it and supports repeal of the marriage equality law. A Republican repeal effort failed in the state earlier this year.
- She and Romney both support the Defense of Marriage Act. “I do not think we should overturn DOMA," Ayotte said during a 2010 debate, "because it’s absolutely for states to decide marriage."
- In the 2010 Christian Coalition survey, Ayotte indicated her support for a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage across the country. Romney also supports the amendment.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- Hot Sheet: Openly Serving, Openly Loving