Romney's Potential Veeps: How Antigay Are They?
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 17 2012 4:00 AM ET
Kelly Ayotte, U.S. senator from New Hampshire
- Although New Hampshire now permits same-sex marriage, Ayotte opposes it and supports repeal of the marriage equality law. A Republican repeal effort failed in the state earlier this year.
- She and Romney both support the Defense of Marriage Act. “I do not think we should overturn DOMA," Ayotte said during a 2010 debate, "because it’s absolutely for states to decide marriage."
- In the 2010 Christian Coalition survey, Ayotte indicated her support for a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage across the country. Romney also supports the amendment.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- #TBT: The Massive, Masculine Art of Robert Riggs