Romney's Potential Veeps: How Antigay Are They?
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 17 2012 3:00 AM ET
Paul Davis Ryan, U.S. representative for Wisconsin’s first congressional district
- In 2003, Ryan voted in favor of the Marriage Protection Act — legislation that would have prevented federal courts from considering and possibly overturning the Defense of Marriage Act.
- He voted in support of the failed Federal Marriage Amendment in 2004 and 2006.
- In 2011 he voted against repealing “don’t ask, don’t tell.”
- “I support the Wisconsin amendment to define marriage between a man and a woman,” Ryan said in February.
- He voted in favor of the 2007 Employment Non-Discrimination Act, which would prohibit workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- Madonna's 12 Studio Albums Ranked
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally