Romney's Potential Veeps: How Antigay Are They?
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 17 2012 4:00 AM ET
Paul Davis Ryan, U.S. representative for Wisconsin’s first congressional district
- In 2003, Ryan voted in favor of the Marriage Protection Act — legislation that would have prevented federal courts from considering and possibly overturning the Defense of Marriage Act.
- He voted in support of the failed Federal Marriage Amendment in 2004 and 2006.
- In 2011 he voted against repealing “don’t ask, don’t tell.”
- “I support the Wisconsin amendment to define marriage between a man and a woman,” Ryan said in February.
- He voted in favor of the 2007 Employment Non-Discrimination Act, which would prohibit workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation.
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- Diego Tolomelli and the Stain of Original Sin
- WATCH: Gay of Thrones Episode 2: Joffrey's Quinceañera
- Op-ed: I'm a Gay Guy at a Christian College
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- Op-ed: How Not to React When an LGBT Teacher Is Fired