Romney's Potential Veeps: How Antigay Are They?
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 17 2012 4:00 AM ET
Paul Davis Ryan, U.S. representative for Wisconsin’s first congressional district
- In 2003, Ryan voted in favor of the Marriage Protection Act — legislation that would have prevented federal courts from considering and possibly overturning the Defense of Marriage Act.
- He voted in support of the failed Federal Marriage Amendment in 2004 and 2006.
- In 2011 he voted against repealing “don’t ask, don’t tell.”
- “I support the Wisconsin amendment to define marriage between a man and a woman,” Ryan said in February.
- He voted in favor of the 2007 Employment Non-Discrimination Act, which would prohibit workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation.
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship
- The Small Southwestern Town That Went Rogue
- WATCH: Catholic School Tells Trans Teen 'Wear Girl's Gown or Don't Walk at Graduation'
- The South's Longer Wait for Equality
- Editor's Letter: Why One Couple's Story Should Worry You
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Theater What Does Jane Lynch Have in Common with Miss Hannigan, Her Role in Broadway's Annie? 6 min 38 sec ago
- Women Chely Wright and Lauren Blitzer Welcome Twins 10 min 38 sec ago
- Health News Calcium Bad, Cinnamon Good, PreP Fails: Baffling Health News 39 min 40 sec ago
- Comics and Graphic Novels Coming Out HIV-Positive in the Comic Book Store 42 min 38 sec ago
- Transgender WATCH: Catholic School Won't Let Trans Grad Wear Men's Garb 1 hour 6 min ago
- Politics Minnesota Antibullying Bill Dies in Senate 1 hour 39 min ago
- Music Q&A Quickie: Colton Ford on Sex, New Music, and The Lair 2 hours 41 min ago