Romney's Potential Veeps: How Antigay Are They?
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 17 2012 4:00 AM ET
Condoleezza Rice, former U.S. Secretary of State
- On the AmericansElect.org email questionnaire, Rice selected this following response to the social issues question: “Same-sex couples should be allowed to marry legally, with all the same rights as traditional marriages.”
- When asked about same-sex marriage by Christianity Today in 2010, Rice replied, “I don’t ever want anybody to be denied rights within this country. I happen to think marriage is between a man and a woman. But perhaps we will decide that there needs to be some way for people to express their desire to live together through civil union."
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- WATCH: Trans Advocate Brynn Tannehill's Powerful Advice on Anger, Allies
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Marriage Decision: 'No Need For Us to Rush'