Romney's Potential Veeps: How Antigay Are They?
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 17 2012 4:00 AM ET
Condoleezza Rice, former U.S. Secretary of State
- On the AmericansElect.org email questionnaire, Rice selected this following response to the social issues question: “Same-sex couples should be allowed to marry legally, with all the same rights as traditional marriages.”
- When asked about same-sex marriage by Christianity Today in 2010, Rice replied, “I don’t ever want anybody to be denied rights within this country. I happen to think marriage is between a man and a woman. But perhaps we will decide that there needs to be some way for people to express their desire to live together through civil union."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Recalls of Pro-Marriage Equality Lawmakers Quashed in Minnesota 1 hour 3 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 1 hour 59 min ago
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 2 hours 33 min ago
- Current Issue A Home of Our Own 2 hours 33 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT 2 hours 34 min ago
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 1:06 AM
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader May 21 2013 10:04 PM