LISTEN: What's Actually In the GOP Platform
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 04 2012 8:00 AM ET
Advocate.com Editor Lucas Grindley spoke with TruthDig Radio about the startling homophobia lurking within the Republican Party platform immediately following Paul Ryan's speech during the Republican National Convention. The Republican vice presidential nominee devoted just three words to opposing marriage equality. But his party's platform addressed it at length, even calling for a federal investigation of supporters of same-sex marriage.
Listen to the interview below.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- 15 Queer Documentaries That Helped Define Us