PHOTOS: Gay Moments From the DNC's First Day
BY Lucas Grindley
September 05 2012 1:37 AM ET
Newark Mayor Cory Booker cheers as the Democrats present their platform during the convention Tuesday. "This platform is a clear choice" between inclusion or exclusion, Booker said according to a transcript of his convention speech from Politico. "We choose forward. We choose inclusion." He included the platform's backing of marriage equality among America's "most fundamental national aspiration — that no matter who you are, no matter what your color, creed, how you choose to pray or who you choose to love, that if you are an American — first generation or fifth — one who is willing to work hard, play by the rules and apply your God-given talents — that you should be able to find a job that pays the bills." (Read more about the Democratic platform's inclusion of LGBT people.)
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- Will Florida Arrest Clerks for Marrying Gay Couples?