PHOTOS: Gay Moments From the DNC's First Day
BY Lucas Grindley
September 05 2012 2:37 AM ET
The keynote speech that everyone is talking about, delivered by San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro, who was introduced by his twin brother, included a jab at Mitt Romney over his opposition to marriage equality. "When it comes to letting people marry whomever they love, Mitt Romney says, 'No,'" the mayor noted among a list of issues where the GOP nominee is on the wrong side. Castro is a longtime supporter of LGBT equality, the Dallas Voice points out, starting with becoming the first mayor to serve as grand marshall of the city's pride parade.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'