PHOTOS: Gay Moments From the DNC's First Day
BY Lucas Grindley
September 05 2012 1:37 AM ET
The keynote speech that everyone is talking about, delivered by San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro, who was introduced by his twin brother, included a jab at Mitt Romney over his opposition to marriage equality. "When it comes to letting people marry whomever they love, Mitt Romney says, 'No,'" the mayor noted among a list of issues where the GOP nominee is on the wrong side. Castro is a longtime supporter of LGBT equality, the Dallas Voice points out, starting with becoming the first mayor to serve as grand marshall of the city's pride parade.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- This Time, UFC Legend Forrest Griffin Fights Homophobia and HIV
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? December 04 2013 7:42 PM
- Society Making LGBT Spirits Bright This Holiday Season December 04 2013 7:41 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Oxford University's Women's Rugby Club Bares All for Charity December 04 2013 7:25 PM
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional December 04 2013 4:50 PM
- Women 13 Reasons to Let AHS: Coven Cast A Spell on You -- in GIFs December 04 2013 4:36 PM
- Sports You Can Play and NFL Team Up With LGBT Youth December 04 2013 3:37 PM