PHOTOS: Gay Moments From the DNC's First Day
BY Lucas Grindley
September 05 2012 2:37 AM ET
The keynote speech that everyone is talking about, delivered by San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro, who was introduced by his twin brother, included a jab at Mitt Romney over his opposition to marriage equality. "When it comes to letting people marry whomever they love, Mitt Romney says, 'No,'" the mayor noted among a list of issues where the GOP nominee is on the wrong side. Castro is a longtime supporter of LGBT equality, the Dallas Voice points out, starting with becoming the first mayor to serve as grand marshall of the city's pride parade.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People