PHOTOS: Gay Moments From the DNC's First Day
BY Lucas Grindley
September 05 2012 2:37 AM ET
Tammy Duckworth, pictured right, is an Iraq War veteran who now works in President Obama's Department of Veterans Affairs, and she is a big part of the campaign's effort to rile up veterans for the reelection effort. Duckworth included repeal of "don't ask, don't tell" in the list of reasons she gave during her convention speech that Obama had "lived up to his responsibilities as commander-in-chief." She said, "President Obama pushed for fairness in the military, listening to commanders as we ended 'don't ask, don't tell.'"
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- WATCH: To Rand Paul, Marriage Equality Signals 'Moral Crisis'