PHOTOS: Gay Moments From the DNC's First Day
BY Lucas Grindley
September 05 2012 2:37 AM ET
Tammy Duckworth, pictured right, is an Iraq War veteran who now works in President Obama's Department of Veterans Affairs, and she is a big part of the campaign's effort to rile up veterans for the reelection effort. Duckworth included repeal of "don't ask, don't tell" in the list of reasons she gave during her convention speech that Obama had "lived up to his responsibilities as commander-in-chief." She said, "President Obama pushed for fairness in the military, listening to commanders as we ended 'don't ask, don't tell.'"
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- WATCH: The Weirdest Antigay Marriage Arguments Before the Supreme Court
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Prominent Queer Korean, Chicana Leader Killed in Her Atlanta Home