PHOTOS: Gay Moments From the DNC's First Day
BY Lucas Grindley
September 05 2012 2:37 AM ET
Tammy Duckworth, pictured right, is an Iraq War veteran who now works in President Obama's Department of Veterans Affairs, and she is a big part of the campaign's effort to rile up veterans for the reelection effort. Duckworth included repeal of "don't ask, don't tell" in the list of reasons she gave during her convention speech that Obama had "lived up to his responsibilities as commander-in-chief." She said, "President Obama pushed for fairness in the military, listening to commanders as we ended 'don't ask, don't tell.'"
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- North Carolina Governor to Veto Antigay Measure
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban