PHOTOS: Gay Moments From the DNC's First Day
BY Lucas Grindley
September 05 2012 2:37 AM ET
Tammy Duckworth, pictured right, is an Iraq War veteran who now works in President Obama's Department of Veterans Affairs, and she is a big part of the campaign's effort to rile up veterans for the reelection effort. Duckworth included repeal of "don't ask, don't tell" in the list of reasons she gave during her convention speech that Obama had "lived up to his responsibilities as commander-in-chief." She said, "President Obama pushed for fairness in the military, listening to commanders as we ended 'don't ask, don't tell.'"
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'