PHOTOS: Gay Moments From the DNC's First Day
BY Lucas Grindley
September 05 2012 2:37 AM ET
Virginia Senate candidate and former chairman of the Democratic Party Tim Kaine had the rare use of the phrase "LGBT" from the podium on Tuesday. While listing promises that President Obama has delivered on, Kaine said, "He promised he'd fight for equal pay for women, college affordability for students and fair treatment for LGBT Americans — and he's kept his word. He's a tough leader who gets results."
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule
- WATCH: Protestors Argue With Supporters of Antigay Michigan Repairman