PHOTOS: Gay Moments From the DNC's First Day
BY Lucas Grindley
September 05 2012 2:37 AM ET
Virginia Senate candidate and former chairman of the Democratic Party Tim Kaine had the rare use of the phrase "LGBT" from the podium on Tuesday. While listing promises that President Obama has delivered on, Kaine said, "He promised he'd fight for equal pay for women, college affordability for students and fair treatment for LGBT Americans — and he's kept his word. He's a tough leader who gets results."
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- #TBT: The Massive, Masculine Art of Robert Riggs