PHOTOS: Gay Moments From the DNC's First Day
BY Lucas Grindley
September 05 2012 2:37 AM ET
Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick, the successor to Mitt Romney in the state, delivered one of the night's most rousing speeches and bragged that his state is home to marriage equality. "Today in Massachusetts, you can also marry whomever you love," Patrick said, adding an argument against big government as reason to support same-sex marriage. "We believe that freedom means keeping government out of our most private affairs, including out of a woman's decision whether to keep an unwanted pregnancy and everybody's decision about whom to marry."
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers