PHOTOS: Gay Moments From the DNC's First Day
BY Lucas Grindley
September 05 2012 1:37 AM ET
Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick, the successor to Mitt Romney in the state, delivered one of the night's most rousing speeches and bragged that his state is home to marriage equality. "Today in Massachusetts, you can also marry whomever you love," Patrick said, adding an argument against big government as reason to support same-sex marriage. "We believe that freedom means keeping government out of our most private affairs, including out of a woman's decision whether to keep an unwanted pregnancy and everybody's decision about whom to marry."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Will Florida Arrest Clerks for Marrying Gay Couples?
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?