PHOTOS: Gay Moments From the DNC's First Day
BY Lucas Grindley
September 05 2012 2:37 AM ET
Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick, the successor to Mitt Romney in the state, delivered one of the night's most rousing speeches and bragged that his state is home to marriage equality. "Today in Massachusetts, you can also marry whomever you love," Patrick said, adding an argument against big government as reason to support same-sex marriage. "We believe that freedom means keeping government out of our most private affairs, including out of a woman's decision whether to keep an unwanted pregnancy and everybody's decision about whom to marry."
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- BREAKING: How About a President Santorum?
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide