LGBT Candidates in Close, Controversial, and Trailblazing Local and State Races
BY Michelle Garcia
November 02 2012 8:00 AM ET
Josh Boschee — North Dakota House of Representatives, District 44
Josh Boschee could become one of the youngest state legislators elected to office as well as the first openly gay person to hold a seat in his state's House of Representatives. However, Boschee is being attacked in Internet ads declaring that he is promoting a "gay agenda." Boschee said that his campaign is not solely about him being a gay man, and his opponents have also condemned the ads. Fargo TV station WDAY reports that the ads originated with a right-wing group called Public Advocate, headed by a Virginia elected official, Eugene Delgaudio. Delgaudio is being investigated by the FBI over allegations that he used public employees to raise funds for his political campaigns.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'