LGBT Candidates in Close, Controversial, and Trailblazing Local and State Races
BY Michelle Garcia
November 02 2012 7:00 AM ET
Josh Boschee — North Dakota House of Representatives, District 44
Josh Boschee could become one of the youngest state legislators elected to office as well as the first openly gay person to hold a seat in his state's House of Representatives. However, Boschee is being attacked in Internet ads declaring that he is promoting a "gay agenda." Boschee said that his campaign is not solely about him being a gay man, and his opponents have also condemned the ads. Fargo TV station WDAY reports that the ads originated with a right-wing group called Public Advocate, headed by a Virginia elected official, Eugene Delgaudio. Delgaudio is being investigated by the FBI over allegations that he used public employees to raise funds for his political campaigns.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View