Election Results: LGBT Races to Watch
BY Michelle Garcia
November 06 2012 6:37 PM ET UPDATED: November 12 2012 4:13 PM ET
Above: Carr, Steadman
Democrat Pat Steadman (Incumbent)—Colorado state senate
Republican Michael Carr—Colorado state senate
RESULTS: Votes Being Counted
Two openly gay candidates were running against each other in what is believed to be a first for a major state race. Republican Michael Carr was up against incumbent Democrat Pat Steadman for the state Senate seat in Colorado's 31st district, which includes parts of Denver.
As of 10:44 a.m. Eastern, with only 4% of precincts reporting, according to the The Denver Post, Steadman had 70.1% of the vote, and Carr had 29.8%.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- An Open Letter from a Transgender Rabbi to Trans Teens Everywhere