Election Results: LGBT Races to Watch
BY Michelle Garcia
November 06 2012 5:37 PM ET UPDATED: November 12 2012 3:13 PM ET
Above: Carr, Steadman
Democrat Pat Steadman (Incumbent)—Colorado state senate
Republican Michael Carr—Colorado state senate
RESULTS: Votes Being Counted
Two openly gay candidates were running against each other in what is believed to be a first for a major state race. Republican Michael Carr was up against incumbent Democrat Pat Steadman for the state Senate seat in Colorado's 31st district, which includes parts of Denver.
As of 10:44 a.m. Eastern, with only 4% of precincts reporting, according to the The Denver Post, Steadman had 70.1% of the vote, and Carr had 29.8%.
- Hollywood Chick-fil-A Hosts LGBT Fundraiser
- Texas Marriage Plaintiffs: Lift Ban Immediately
- WATCH: Pastor Gets a Taste of His 'Sodomite Semen' Lattes By Sharing Parody Video
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges