Election Results: LGBT Races to Watch
BY Michelle Garcia
November 06 2012 6:37 PM ET UPDATED: November 12 2012 4:13 PM ET
Above: Carr, Steadman
Democrat Pat Steadman (Incumbent)—Colorado state senate
Republican Michael Carr—Colorado state senate
RESULTS: Votes Being Counted
Two openly gay candidates were running against each other in what is believed to be a first for a major state race. Republican Michael Carr was up against incumbent Democrat Pat Steadman for the state Senate seat in Colorado's 31st district, which includes parts of Denver.
As of 10:44 a.m. Eastern, with only 4% of precincts reporting, according to the The Denver Post, Steadman had 70.1% of the vote, and Carr had 29.8%.
- Comedian's Billboard Taunts Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- Op-ed: In The Long Run, Michael Sam Being Cut Was About Homophobia
- 7 Brave Campuses for LGBT Students in the South
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- Op-ed: Miley's Date Proves Homelessness Is the Real Crime