Election Results: LGBT Races to Watch
BY Michelle Garcia
November 06 2012 5:37 PM ET UPDATED: November 12 2012 3:13 PM ET
Above: Carr, Steadman
Democrat Pat Steadman (Incumbent)—Colorado state senate
Republican Michael Carr—Colorado state senate
RESULTS: Votes Being Counted
Two openly gay candidates were running against each other in what is believed to be a first for a major state race. Republican Michael Carr was up against incumbent Democrat Pat Steadman for the state Senate seat in Colorado's 31st district, which includes parts of Denver.
As of 10:44 a.m. Eastern, with only 4% of precincts reporting, according to the The Denver Post, Steadman had 70.1% of the vote, and Carr had 29.8%.
- Women Kim Basinger is Sleek and Sexy in Pin-Striped Men's Suit 25 min 49 sec ago
- Women Op-ed: The Right's War on Christmas - The 2013 Edition! 1 hour 10 min ago
- Entertainment News Ian McKellen Surprised Hobbit Fans At Desolation of Smaug Screening 7:07 PM
- Travel Sia Wants You to Help the Street Animals of India 5:23 PM
- Media BBC to Air Buffy The Vampire Slayer Retrospective 4:54 PM
- Women WATCH: Julia Roberts Is the Caboose in an Ellen DeGeneres Conga Line! 4:49 PM
- Sports Chicago Gay Hockey Association Wins at Celebrating Christmas 4:19 PM