Antigay Watch List: Why Do Voters Love Our Villains?
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 08 2012 6:00 AM ET
Roy Moore, Alabama Chief Justice
After being fired in 2003, Roy Moore handily won reelection on Tuesday as Alabama's most powerful judge. Moore bested two other opponents and received more than 50% of the vote. Since he was removed from his position nine years ago after refusing federal orders to take down his a monument to the Ten Commandments, Moore hasn't had a change of heart about the separation of church and state. His victory party on Tuesday featured a cake shaped like the tablets of the Ten Commandments, the Los Angeles Times reports. Moore also has no qualms about airing his biases of LGBT people. While campaigning earlier this month, he told a crowd of Tea Party supporters that "same-sex marriage will lead to the ultimate destruction of our country." (Read More About The Race)
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!
- Demi Lovato Falls Promoting Bi-curious Anthem, Embraces Accident with Video Post
- Mike Huckabee: Selfish 'Redefinition of Love' Is Destroying Marriage
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights