Antigay Watch List: Why Do Voters Love Our Villains?
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 08 2012 6:00 AM ET
Roy Moore, Alabama Chief Justice
After being fired in 2003, Roy Moore handily won reelection on Tuesday as Alabama's most powerful judge. Moore bested two other opponents and received more than 50% of the vote. Since he was removed from his position nine years ago after refusing federal orders to take down his a monument to the Ten Commandments, Moore hasn't had a change of heart about the separation of church and state. His victory party on Tuesday featured a cake shaped like the tablets of the Ten Commandments, the Los Angeles Times reports. Moore also has no qualms about airing his biases of LGBT people. While campaigning earlier this month, he told a crowd of Tea Party supporters that "same-sex marriage will lead to the ultimate destruction of our country." (Read More About The Race)
- WATCH: Kentucky Clerk Defies Court Again, Turns Away Same-Sex Couple a Third Time
- TBT: Mid-Century Dreamboats
- Trayvon Martin Killer George Zimmerman Proves He's a Racist Homophobe
- Why This Latina Photographer Documented the Moment She Came Out to Her Parents
- WATCH: Did a Texas Chef Refuse to Cater This Couple's Wedding?
- Illinois Bishop Reminds Gay Parents: Catholic Schools Will Teach You're Sinning