Antigay Watch List: Why Do Voters Love Our Villains?
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 08 2012 5:00 AM ET
Allen West, U.S. House of Representatives, Florida, 18th District
RESULTS: Too Close To Call
It's still not for certain that Tea Party favorite Allen West has been voted out of office, but his LGBT-supportive opponent is claiming victory. With 100% of precincts reporting, Patrick Murphy leads West, 50.4% to 49.6%. Separating them are only 2,456 votes. West is demanding a recount.
West is running for a second term and is known for his outlandish statements. He once said that people don’t get fired for being gay, so antidiscrimination laws are unnecessary. (Read More About The Race)
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- Gay Movies, Music, Theater, Celebrities | Arts & Entertainment
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Web Series 'Kelsey' - Kelsey Gets All Kinds of Action December 04 2013 8:27 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? December 04 2013 7:42 PM
- Society Making LGBT Spirits Bright This Holiday Season December 04 2013 7:41 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Oxford University's Women's Rugby Club Bares All for Charity December 04 2013 7:25 PM
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional December 04 2013 4:50 PM
- Women 13 Reasons to Let AHS: Coven Cast A Spell on You -- in GIFs December 04 2013 4:36 PM
- Sports You Can Play and NFL Team Up With LGBT Youth December 04 2013 3:37 PM