Antigay Watch List: Why Do Voters Love Our Villains?
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 08 2012 6:00 AM ET
Marsha Blackburn, U.S. House of Representatives, Tennessee, 7th District
Antigay congresswoman Marsha Blackburn has been reelected from Tennessee's seventh district, defeating two challengers, Scott Beasley and Pat Riley.
Blackburn, a Republican, was one of 39 members of Congress who attempted to overturn marriage equality in Washington, D.C. And Blackburn cochaired the committee that drafted this year’s national Republican platform, considered the most antigay in history. (Read More About The Race)
- Another Event Moves; Gay Hotel Owners Apologize for Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- The Backlash
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- 14 Camp Classics We Can't Stop Quoting — Bad Girls Edition
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies