Antigay Watch List: Why Do Voters Love Our Villains?
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 08 2012 6:00 AM ET
Marsha Blackburn, U.S. House of Representatives, Tennessee, 7th District
Antigay congresswoman Marsha Blackburn has been reelected from Tennessee's seventh district, defeating two challengers, Scott Beasley and Pat Riley.
Blackburn, a Republican, was one of 39 members of Congress who attempted to overturn marriage equality in Washington, D.C. And Blackburn cochaired the committee that drafted this year’s national Republican platform, considered the most antigay in history. (Read More About The Race)
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Op-ed: Whither Gay Provincetown?
- REPORT: Lawsuit Targets Woman Killed in Caitlyn Jenner Crash
- Three New Films Capture LGBT Life in the Middle East
- Trayvon Martin Killer George Zimmerman Proves He's a Racist Homophobe