Antigay Watch List: Why Do Voters Love Our Villains?
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 08 2012 6:00 AM ET
Tom McClintock, U.S. House of Representatives, California, 4th District
Elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 2008, Tom McClintock was reelected Tuesday. His returns one of the more antigay politicians to Congress. He still takes an interest in California legislation; on his campaign website he has promoted the effort to repeal a California law mandating the inclusion of LGBT people and accomplishments in public school curricula. The law, he said, represents “a gross overreach by the state Legislature to usurp the parental rights of Californians” and “exposes young children to curriculums and textbooks promoting objectionable lifestyles.” (Read More About The Race)
- 5 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- George Takei Joins Gamers in Shunning Indiana
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room