NYC: Million Dollar Labor Campaign Targets Quinn
BY Michelle Garcia
April 09 2013 3:10 PM ET
A left-leaning labor coalition is targeting openly gay New York City mayoral candidate Christine Quinn in ads that are running on Bravo and MSNBC.
The coalition, formed by CWA 1180 President Arthur Cheliotes, NYCLASS President Steve Nislick, and political activist Wendy Neu, has paid for ads portraying City Council Speaker Quinn as not being progressive or pro-union enough, and often making smokey, back-room deals with the city's richest one percent.
"All that's clear when the smoke lifts, is her political ambition," a male narrator says. "When Christine Quinn doesn't support our values, how can you support her for mayor?"
According to the New York Times, the commercial is the first official television spot in the 2013 mayoral election to succeed Mayor Michael Bloomberg. In addition to this spot, more radio ads and mailers will be sent out this week as part of a planned $1 million campaign against Quinn.
Watch the ad below:
- Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- WATCH: The Best From 6 Olympic Gay Divers
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- Entertainment News James Franco Teases 50 Shades of Batman & Robin 44 min 58 sec ago
- Entertainment News Tom Daley: 'It Really Was Love at First Sight' 50 min 58 sec ago
- Sports WATCH: The Best From 6 Olympic Gay Divers 7:04 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black 6:00 AM
- Bisexual Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Web Series 'Kelsey' - Kelsey Gets All Kinds of Action December 04 2013 8:27 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? December 04 2013 7:42 PM