NYC: Million Dollar Labor Campaign Targets Quinn
BY Michelle Garcia
April 09 2013 4:10 PM ET
A left-leaning labor coalition is targeting openly gay New York City mayoral candidate Christine Quinn in ads that are running on Bravo and MSNBC.
The coalition, formed by CWA 1180 President Arthur Cheliotes, NYCLASS President Steve Nislick, and political activist Wendy Neu, has paid for ads portraying City Council Speaker Quinn as not being progressive or pro-union enough, and often making smokey, back-room deals with the city's richest one percent.
"All that's clear when the smoke lifts, is her political ambition," a male narrator says. "When Christine Quinn doesn't support our values, how can you support her for mayor?"
According to the New York Times, the commercial is the first official television spot in the 2013 mayoral election to succeed Mayor Michael Bloomberg. In addition to this spot, more radio ads and mailers will be sent out this week as part of a planned $1 million campaign against Quinn.
Watch the ad below:
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Faking It's Michael J. Willett Is the Teen Heartthrob We've Been Waiting For
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Op-ed: My Bi Choice
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives