BY Charlene Strong
October 22 2009 1:20 PM ET
Within an hour we were at Westport City Hall.
It’s a beautiful colonial building sitting atop a small hill in the
center of town. It couldn’t have been more picture-perfect.
we were met by three amazingly friendly women in the city clerk’s
office. They were proud of Connecticut’s embrace of same-sex marriage
and couldn’t do enough to help us and congratulate us. Coming from
Miami, the city with the most road rage incidents in the nation, it
was a bit like stepping into an alternative universe.
before them, after forking over $35, we raised our right hands and took
a civil oath. In exchange, we got our marriage license. It was a pretty
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM