BY Charlene Strong
October 22 2009 1:20 PM ET
Within an hour we were at Westport City Hall.
It’s a beautiful colonial building sitting atop a small hill in the
center of town. It couldn’t have been more picture-perfect.
we were met by three amazingly friendly women in the city clerk’s
office. They were proud of Connecticut’s embrace of same-sex marriage
and couldn’t do enough to help us and congratulate us. Coming from
Miami, the city with the most road rage incidents in the nation, it
was a bit like stepping into an alternative universe.
before them, after forking over $35, we raised our right hands and took
a civil oath. In exchange, we got our marriage license. It was a pretty
- Marriage Equality Young Repubs Express Big Support for Marriage Equality 14 min 1 sec ago
- Television Teen Wolf Adds Gay Character, Expands Lacrosse Team 17 min 56 sec ago
- Television Teen Wolf Adds Gay Character, Expands Lacrosse Team 17 min 57 sec ago
- Women 5 Reasons to Watch CW's Arrow and 'Quiver!' 18 min 7 sec ago
- Politics Kenyan Lesbian Granted Asylum in U.S. 18 min 24 sec ago
- Religion WATCH: Methodist Church Drops Charges Against Minister 39 min 2 sec ago
- Media WATCH: Chelsea Handler Skewers Piers Morgan as a 'Terrible Interviewer' 1 hour 9 min ago