BY Charlene Strong
October 22 2009 1:20 PM ET
wanted to get married on the beach, but as luck would have it, the sky
opened up and the rain came down that morning. Our parents had flown in,
and a few good friends joined us from the city — one came all the way
from Budapest. It was Sunday, September 27, at 11 a.m.
have any backup plans, but sometimes it’s better that way. There was a
marina alongside the beach where we thought we’d be getting married. In
the marina there was a little boathouse with a giant fireplace that
looked about 150 years old. The front porch of the boathouse looked
out on the marina and the boats and the sun breaking through the
clouds in the distance. The folks there,
happy to oblige, let us use that boathouse free of charge.
- Kim Davis vs. the Internet
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Might Even Antonin Scalia Say Kim Davis Should Resign?