BY Charlene Strong
October 22 2009 1:20 PM ET
there, on the porch, surrounded by the mothers who raised us, a proud
father and his partner, a handful of close friends, and under the rain,
which seemingly washed everything clean and granted us a new beginning
from that moment forward, we got married.
We said some very
important things on that front porch. We promised to give the highest
priority to the tenderness, gentleness, and kindness that our marriage
deserves. We promised to not hold grudges and to remember to forgive.
We pledged to support each other in our dreams and in sickness and
health and joy and sorrow, always hoping for more joy than sorrow but
mindful that life has its own plans.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies 1 hour 17 min ago
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship 1 hour 43 min ago
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM