BY Charlene Strong
October 22 2009 1:20 PM ET
there, on the porch, surrounded by the mothers who raised us, a proud
father and his partner, a handful of close friends, and under the rain,
which seemingly washed everything clean and granted us a new beginning
from that moment forward, we got married.
We said some very
important things on that front porch. We promised to give the highest
priority to the tenderness, gentleness, and kindness that our marriage
deserves. We promised to not hold grudges and to remember to forgive.
We pledged to support each other in our dreams and in sickness and
health and joy and sorrow, always hoping for more joy than sorrow but
mindful that life has its own plans.
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- Republican Wants Right to Fire LGBT Employees Who 'Work in a Tutu'
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
- Martina Navratilova Blasts Russian Antigay Law
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem 1 hour 21 min ago
- Entertainment News Should Brazil Legalize 'Conversion' Therapy? 1 hour 43 min ago
- World News Liberal Australian MP Crosses Aisle In Support of LGBT Nondiscrimination 1 hour 54 min ago
- Women WATCH: Hot Lesbians Don Cowboy Hats, Chaps and Spurs for Cowgirl Up 2 hours 7 min ago
- Pride PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine 2 hours 22 min ago
- World News Brazil Lawmakers Legalize 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 2 hours 26 min ago
- Sports Navratilova Blasts Russian Antigay Law 2 hours 31 min ago