BY Charlene Strong
October 22 2009 1:20 PM ET
important, for us, was the promise to focus on what’s right between
us and not on that which seems wrong. To be the father to each other’s
children and to cherish each other as long as we both shall live.
It’s pretty heavy stuff, but it’s also amazingly light, empowering, and uplifting. It’s bigger than either of us individually.
At the end, Mary pronounced us, according to the laws of the great state of Connecticut, a married couple, husband and husband.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen 1 hour 49 sec ago
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival 2 hours 23 min ago
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference 2 hours 39 min ago
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families 2 hours 56 min ago
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis 6:25 PM
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 5:55 PM