BY Charlene Strong
October 22 2009 12:20 PM ET
important, for us, was the promise to focus on what’s right between
us and not on that which seems wrong. To be the father to each other’s
children and to cherish each other as long as we both shall live.
It’s pretty heavy stuff, but it’s also amazingly light, empowering, and uplifting. It’s bigger than either of us individually.
At the end, Mary pronounced us, according to the laws of the great state of Connecticut, a married couple, husband and husband.
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- In the Galleries: Transformer
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality December 07 2013 3:32 PM
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations December 07 2013 1:32 PM
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year December 07 2013 8:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination December 07 2013 7:00 AM
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer December 07 2013 4:00 AM