BY Charlene Strong
October 22 2009 12:20 PM ET
important, for us, was the promise to focus on what’s right between
us and not on that which seems wrong. To be the father to each other’s
children and to cherish each other as long as we both shall live.
It’s pretty heavy stuff, but it’s also amazingly light, empowering, and uplifting. It’s bigger than either of us individually.
At the end, Mary pronounced us, according to the laws of the great state of Connecticut, a married couple, husband and husband.
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2
- German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- In the Galleries: Transformer
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' December 08 2013 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member December 08 2013 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights December 08 2013 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM