BY Charlene Strong
October 22 2009 12:20 PM ET
From there, we celebrated. Champagne was popped and toasts were shared all around.
our wedding brunch, our friends and family told stories and laughed.
Our families were coming together. That’s what happens in a marriage — families come together, and a new one is made. That’s what I feel
happened to us that day. Something new, the marriage of Keith and
Charles, came into existence, and those we love and the state of
Connecticut acknowledged it. Maybe it shouldn’t matter, but it does.
friend Anne was there. She arrived that morning from Manhattan. With
her came two little men, grooms, that now proudly stood on top of our
One at a time, we fed each other that slice of wedding cake, to the cheers of all around.
It was good. It was very good.
now we march off into the future, charged with making good on all that
we promised to each other. I don’t think either of us expects it to be
easy, but, as a good friend once told me, character is never built by
doing easy things. On the other hand, when you’re with the one you
love, it is the easiest thing in the world.
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out 2 hours 47 min ago
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM