BY Ross von Metzke
December 08 2009 7:10 PM ET
As of right now your right to marry is selling for $138. How high would you like to see bidding go?
thinking in terms of what would be a good donation to the Point
Foundation. I’d love to hit a thousand. Everyone’s saying, “I would
love to bid, but I can’t afford it.” That includes me. I might pop it up
to $200 if I can scrounge it up, but I’d love to hit a thousand.
Why the Point Foundation? It’s a great organization, but there are a lot of great organizations.
kind of have a soft spot in my heart for kids. It’s hard enough to be a
teenager worrying about school and transitioning from a kid to an
adult, let alone to be someone who is accepting your own sexuality.
When I was in high school drama, there were kids who were on the verge
of coming out, and they were my rock. I feel like maybe, if there’s
anything I can do for kids who are feeling that insecure, that’s who I
want to help. And maybe by the time they have to worry about marriage,
it will be an option for them.
Well, here’s hoping you get the bids up there.
you know what I would love? I would love it if Stephen Colbert would
buy my right to marry. I mean, that just means more heterosexual
marriage for him. I would love the Point Foundation to get as much
money as it can.
Well, we’ll put it out there ... maybe he’ll be reading.
Yes, Stephen Colbert ... this means more “heterosexy” marriage for you.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 4:00 AM
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM