BY Ross von Metzke
December 08 2009 7:10 PM ET
As of right now your right to marry is selling for $138. How high would you like to see bidding go?
thinking in terms of what would be a good donation to the Point
Foundation. I’d love to hit a thousand. Everyone’s saying, “I would
love to bid, but I can’t afford it.” That includes me. I might pop it up
to $200 if I can scrounge it up, but I’d love to hit a thousand.
Why the Point Foundation? It’s a great organization, but there are a lot of great organizations.
kind of have a soft spot in my heart for kids. It’s hard enough to be a
teenager worrying about school and transitioning from a kid to an
adult, let alone to be someone who is accepting your own sexuality.
When I was in high school drama, there were kids who were on the verge
of coming out, and they were my rock. I feel like maybe, if there’s
anything I can do for kids who are feeling that insecure, that’s who I
want to help. And maybe by the time they have to worry about marriage,
it will be an option for them.
Well, here’s hoping you get the bids up there.
you know what I would love? I would love it if Stephen Colbert would
buy my right to marry. I mean, that just means more heterosexual
marriage for him. I would love the Point Foundation to get as much
money as it can.
Well, we’ll put it out there ... maybe he’ll be reading.
Yes, Stephen Colbert ... this means more “heterosexy” marriage for you.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in New York City
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- Texas Man Resurrects Suit Alleging AG Fired Him for Being Gay
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politics WATCH: Obama's Morehouse Commencement Speech Name-Checks Gay Rights 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in New York City 7:35 PM
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' 7:26 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Matthew Morrison Can't Even Make Sense of Marriage Inequality 7:00 PM
- Law Texas Man Resurrects Suit Alleging AG Fired Him for Being Gay 6:48 PM
- Women Obama to Award Presidential Medal of Freedom to Sally Ride 6:01 PM
- Pride Turn It Way Up with Pride Beats 2013 6:00 PM