Wedding Album: Adam and David
BY Advocate Contributors
July 27 2011 7:00 AM ET
Adam McKew and David Lewis
Adam and David first met at a club in San Diego seven years ago. Then they talked online for months before making their first date, at the Star of India restaurant, and all that getting to know each other paid off. Both say they knew it was a match.
They got married in New York Sunday, on their seven-year anniversary. Even for this patient couple, New York was too slow to allow them to the altar. “It is about damn time!" they said.
Adam and David are both volunteer police officers in New York and of Scots-Irish heritage. So that explains the kilts.
Click here for more coverage of marriage equality in New York
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics 7 min 8 sec ago
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? 14 min 42 sec ago
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President 55 min 16 sec ago
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics 1 hour 52 min ago
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes 2 hours 6 min ago
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn 2 hours 24 min ago
- Women Pussy Riot To Be Freed 2 hours 38 min ago