Wedding Album: Adam and David
BY Advocate Contributors
July 27 2011 8:00 AM ET
Adam McKew and David Lewis
Adam and David first met at a club in San Diego seven years ago. Then they talked online for months before making their first date, at the Star of India restaurant, and all that getting to know each other paid off. Both say they knew it was a match.
They got married in New York Sunday, on their seven-year anniversary. Even for this patient couple, New York was too slow to allow them to the altar. “It is about damn time!" they said.
Adam and David are both volunteer police officers in New York and of Scots-Irish heritage. So that explains the kilts.
Click here for more coverage of marriage equality in New York
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- He Went There: Antigay Judge Roy Moore Compares Marriage Equality to Holocaust
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality