Wedding Album: Adam and David
BY Advocate Contributors
July 27 2011 8:00 AM ET
Adam McKew and David Lewis
Adam and David first met at a club in San Diego seven years ago. Then they talked online for months before making their first date, at the Star of India restaurant, and all that getting to know each other paid off. Both say they knew it was a match.
They got married in New York Sunday, on their seven-year anniversary. Even for this patient couple, New York was too slow to allow them to the altar. “It is about damn time!" they said.
Adam and David are both volunteer police officers in New York and of Scots-Irish heritage. So that explains the kilts.
Click here for more coverage of marriage equality in New York
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Arkansas County Clerk Resigns Over Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: Pride for Days In San Francisco
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death
- Will Marriage Equality Cause a Spike in Homeless LGBT Youth?