A Most-Wanted List: Mayors Not for Marriage
BY Josh Hinkle
February 23 2012 5:00 AM ET
"This issue is being discussed actively at the state and federal levels. Because Virginia is a Dillon Rule state, localities derive their authority directly from the Commonwealth. Because it is not a local issue, we must defer to both state and federal officials." —Toni Guagenti, communications coordinator for Mayor William Sessoms of Virginia Beach, Va.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Op-ed: Indiana's 'Turn Away Gays' Bill Is a Segregation-Era Throwback