A Most-Wanted List: Mayors Not for Marriage
BY Josh Hinkle
February 23 2012 5:00 AM ET
"This issue is being discussed actively at the state and federal levels. Because Virginia is a Dillon Rule state, localities derive their authority directly from the Commonwealth. Because it is not a local issue, we must defer to both state and federal officials." —Toni Guagenti, communications coordinator for Mayor William Sessoms of Virginia Beach, Va.
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- North Carolina Governor to Veto Antigay Measure
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'