Stories of the South
BY Neal Broverman
May 02 2012 5:12 PM ET
North Carolina voters on Tuesday will take to the polls to decide on Amendment One, which would constitutionally ban any legal relationship recognition other than heterosexual marriage. The Tar Heel State will be the last state in Dixie to decide on banning marriage equality — all other states in the conservative area overwhelmingly passed prohibitions in the last decade. To get a handle on how things may go down May 8, and see what kind of odds LGBT activists are up against in North Carolina, we've compiled the margins by which each Southern state banned same-sex marriage; view them on the following pages.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View