Former President Clinton Adviser Says Obama Will Endorse Marriage Equality
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 09 2012 1:33 PM ET
A former adviser to President Clinton, Richard Socarides, told Michael Hastings, Michael Shure, and Tricia Rose on Current TV that he believes President Obama will come out in favor of marriage equality before August's Democratic National Convention.
“I’m actually surprised he’s waited this long,” Socarides said. “I think that he is ready to go.”
That fits with beltway buzz this morning that Obama is talking to Robin Roberts about LGBT issues in an exclusive interview today.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference March 11 2014 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families March 11 2014 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia March 11 2014 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis March 11 2014 6:25 PM
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 March 11 2014 5:55 PM