Former President Clinton Adviser Says Obama Will Endorse Marriage Equality
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 09 2012 1:33 PM ET
A former adviser to President Clinton, Richard Socarides, told Michael Hastings, Michael Shure, and Tricia Rose on Current TV that he believes President Obama will come out in favor of marriage equality before August's Democratic National Convention.
“I’m actually surprised he’s waited this long,” Socarides said. “I think that he is ready to go.”
That fits with beltway buzz this morning that Obama is talking to Robin Roberts about LGBT issues in an exclusive interview today.
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either