Former President Clinton Adviser Says Obama Will Endorse Marriage Equality
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 09 2012 1:33 PM ET
A former adviser to President Clinton, Richard Socarides, told Michael Hastings, Michael Shure, and Tricia Rose on Current TV that he believes President Obama will come out in favor of marriage equality before August's Democratic National Convention.
“I’m actually surprised he’s waited this long,” Socarides said. “I think that he is ready to go.”
That fits with beltway buzz this morning that Obama is talking to Robin Roberts about LGBT issues in an exclusive interview today.
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Folk Singer Janis Ian: Bill Cosby Blackballed Me From TV as a Teen
- Katelynn on Caitlyn: I Am Cait Through the Eyes of TV's First Trans Reality Star
- Modern-Day Martin Luthers Show Support for Ousted Gay Methodist Minister