Former President Clinton Adviser Says Obama Will Endorse Marriage Equality
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 09 2012 12:33 PM ET
A former adviser to President Clinton, Richard Socarides, told Michael Hastings, Michael Shure, and Tricia Rose on Current TV that he believes President Obama will come out in favor of marriage equality before August's Democratic National Convention.
“I’m actually surprised he’s waited this long,” Socarides said. “I think that he is ready to go.”
That fits with beltway buzz this morning that Obama is talking to Robin Roberts about LGBT issues in an exclusive interview today.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Will Florida Arrest Clerks for Marrying Gay Couples?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014