Former President Clinton Adviser Says Obama Will Endorse Marriage Equality
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 09 2012 1:33 PM ET
A former adviser to President Clinton, Richard Socarides, told Michael Hastings, Michael Shure, and Tricia Rose on Current TV that he believes President Obama will come out in favor of marriage equality before August's Democratic National Convention.
“I’m actually surprised he’s waited this long,” Socarides said. “I think that he is ready to go.”
That fits with beltway buzz this morning that Obama is talking to Robin Roberts about LGBT issues in an exclusive interview today.
- Another Event Moves; Gay Hotel Owners Apologize for Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- The Backlash
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- 14 Camp Classics We Can't Stop Quoting — Bad Girls Edition
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies