Jay-Z Talks Obama, Marriage Equality Support
May 15 2012 8:47 AM ET
Jay-Z has thrown his support behind President Obama’s marriage equality stance, CNN Political Ticker reports.
In a CNN interview, the hip-hop mogul said of the issue:
"I've always thought it as something that was still, um, holding the country back. What people do in their own homes is their business and you can choose to love whoever you love. That's their business.”
“It’s is no different than discriminating against blacks. It's discrimination plain and simple,” Jay-Z said.
Watch the interview below.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Michigan AG Asks Supreme Court To Skip Ruling on Marriage Equality
- New Suicide Hotline Dedicated to Trans People Now Open for Calls
- Richard Blanco Talks Pilgrims, Poetry, and His Princely New Memoir