Jay-Z Talks Obama, Marriage Equality Support
May 15 2012 9:47 AM ET
Jay-Z has thrown his support behind President Obama’s marriage equality stance, CNN Political Ticker reports.
In a CNN interview, the hip-hop mogul said of the issue:
"I've always thought it as something that was still, um, holding the country back. What people do in their own homes is their business and you can choose to love whoever you love. That's their business.”
“It’s is no different than discriminating against blacks. It's discrimination plain and simple,” Jay-Z said.
Watch the interview below.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'