Jay-Z Talks Obama, Marriage Equality Support
May 15 2012 9:47 AM ET
Jay-Z has thrown his support behind President Obama’s marriage equality stance, CNN Political Ticker reports.
In a CNN interview, the hip-hop mogul said of the issue:
"I've always thought it as something that was still, um, holding the country back. What people do in their own homes is their business and you can choose to love whoever you love. That's their business.”
“It’s is no different than discriminating against blacks. It's discrimination plain and simple,” Jay-Z said.
Watch the interview below.
- Where in the World Are The Happiest Gay Men?
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland
- Tenn. Pastor Accused of Gay Tryst Now Charged With Lifting From Church
- Interception: Clemson Football Coach Withdraws From Antigay Fundraiser
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses