Jay-Z Talks Obama, Marriage Equality Support
May 15 2012 9:47 AM ET
Jay-Z has thrown his support behind President Obama’s marriage equality stance, CNN Political Ticker reports.
In a CNN interview, the hip-hop mogul said of the issue:
"I've always thought it as something that was still, um, holding the country back. What people do in their own homes is their business and you can choose to love whoever you love. That's their business.”
“It’s is no different than discriminating against blacks. It's discrimination plain and simple,” Jay-Z said.
Watch the interview below.
- Op-ed: HIV Is No Longer A Death Sentence But It Still Isn't Easy
- Op-ed: In The Long Run, Michael Sam Being Cut Was About Homophobia
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- 7 Brave Campuses for LGBT Students in the South
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out