Jay-Z Talks Obama, Marriage Equality Support
May 15 2012 9:47 AM ET
Jay-Z has thrown his support behind President Obama’s marriage equality stance, CNN Political Ticker reports.
In a CNN interview, the hip-hop mogul said of the issue:
"I've always thought it as something that was still, um, holding the country back. What people do in their own homes is their business and you can choose to love whoever you love. That's their business.”
“It’s is no different than discriminating against blacks. It's discrimination plain and simple,” Jay-Z said.
Watch the interview below.
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Op-ed: Michael Sam Helps Therapy Come Out of the Closet
- Op-ed: Whither Gay Provincetown?
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Miley Cyrus Confirms: 'I'm Pansexual'
- U.S. Marine Claims 'Trans Panic' in Murder of Trans Filipina Jennifer Laude