Facebook Adds Married Icons for Gay Users
BY Michelle Garcia
July 02 2012 1:13 PM ET
At Facebook, change is all in the details.
Social networking giant Facebook has added two new icons to denote same-sex married couples for LGBT users. Previously on the Facebook Timeline, being married was symbolized by a bride-and-groom icon. Now same-sex couples can choose either two brides or two grooms, according to the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.
This follows a few other inclusive changes for users, including the ability to choose civil unions or domestic partnerships as a relationship status. GLAAD honored Facebook for its efforts to decrease bullying on the website, and miscellaneous inclusive moves.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Fitness A Workout Especially for HIV-Positive People 10 sec ago
- Music Austra's Summer Soundtrack 13 min 39 sec ago
- Books James Franco's A California Childhood: Win Signed Copy 20 min 7 sec ago
- Music WATCH: Cher Wigs Out on The Voice 50 min 15 sec ago
- Entertainment News CA Town Hoists And Promptly Removes Gay Pride Flag 1 hour 57 min ago
- No More Bullying Meet the 2013 Point Scholars: Living Proof It Does Get Better 6:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Dreaming in the White House 5:05 AM