Fight Back Colorado Launches 'Send 'Em Packin'
BY Julie Bolcer
August 02 2012 9:56 AM ET
The super PAC created to unseat Colorado lawmakers who helped defeat the civil unions bill wants supporters to nominate officials who should be retired at the polls.
Fight Back Colorado launched the online campaign, “Send ‘Em Packin’” with an email blast to supporters Thursday morning. The campaign asks participants to select the mug shots of up to three lawmakers and move them into suitcases.
“It’s about that time of year when Fight Back Colorado starts naming names,” writes treasurer Roger Sherman. “Very soon a legislator will be getting a very clear message from us: it’s time to pack your bags.”
The civil unions bill passed the Democratic-controlled Senate this year, but the Republican-controlled House prevented the legislation from coming for a vote. The “Send ‘Em Packin’” campaign has whittled the field of targets to 16 lawmakers, all Republicans.
Fight Back Colorado launched in June and so far reports $55,000 in support, with almost half from gay philanthropist Tim Gill. The Denver resident also backed the Fight Back New York independent expenditure campaign two years ago. That effort used creative, unconventional tactics online and spent nearly $800,000 to replace state Senate incumbents from both parties who voted against the marriage equality bill in 2009.
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey 4:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Love Starts With Acceptance 4:00 AM
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM
- Women WATCH: Nurse: 3D is the Epic Lesbian Exploitation Hospital Thriller of the Year! December 05 2013 6:54 PM