WATCH: Hugh Grant Is Out4Marriage
BY Sunnivie Brydum
September 26 2012 1:35 PM ET
A new campaign modeled after the It Gets Better Project is highlighting support for marriage equality in the United Kingdom. Out4Marriage has already seen videos recorded by members of Parliament from various parties, It Gets Better Project founder Dan Savage, and, most recently, actor Hugh Grant.
"I'm not a massive believer in marriage — I think my own biography is a testament to that," Grant says in the brief video. "But I do think that love is the same for everyone. And I do think that everyone should have the same rights."
Out4Marriage, founded by PinkNews.co.uk founder Benjamin Cohen and Mike Buonaiuto, promises that "over the coming weeks, videos from high-profile U.K. politicians from all political parties and global A-list celebrities will be published online," according to Out4Marriage.org. "Each video will allow the politician or celebrity to explain why they're 'coming out for marriage' and will ask viewers to join them too." The campaign aims to spread outside its British roots to truly advocate for marriage equality on a global scale.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 16 min 4 sec ago
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 1 hour 16 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 2 hours 16 min ago
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 2 hours 16 min ago
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM