WATCH: Hugh Grant Is Out4Marriage
BY Sunnivie Brydum
September 26 2012 2:35 PM ET
A new campaign modeled after the It Gets Better Project is highlighting support for marriage equality in the United Kingdom. Out4Marriage has already seen videos recorded by members of Parliament from various parties, It Gets Better Project founder Dan Savage, and, most recently, actor Hugh Grant.
"I'm not a massive believer in marriage — I think my own biography is a testament to that," Grant says in the brief video. "But I do think that love is the same for everyone. And I do think that everyone should have the same rights."
Out4Marriage, founded by PinkNews.co.uk founder Benjamin Cohen and Mike Buonaiuto, promises that "over the coming weeks, videos from high-profile U.K. politicians from all political parties and global A-list celebrities will be published online," according to Out4Marriage.org. "Each video will allow the politician or celebrity to explain why they're 'coming out for marriage' and will ask viewers to join them too." The campaign aims to spread outside its British roots to truly advocate for marriage equality on a global scale.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- WATCH: Neil Patrick Harris Explains He Got Married for His Kids
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Catholic Clergy Demand That Gay Couple Divorce
- Utah Activists Use Gay Parents' Kids to Oppose Marriage Equality