WATCH: Hugh Grant Is Out4Marriage
BY Sunnivie Brydum
September 26 2012 2:35 PM ET
A new campaign modeled after the It Gets Better Project is highlighting support for marriage equality in the United Kingdom. Out4Marriage has already seen videos recorded by members of Parliament from various parties, It Gets Better Project founder Dan Savage, and, most recently, actor Hugh Grant.
"I'm not a massive believer in marriage — I think my own biography is a testament to that," Grant says in the brief video. "But I do think that love is the same for everyone. And I do think that everyone should have the same rights."
Out4Marriage, founded by PinkNews.co.uk founder Benjamin Cohen and Mike Buonaiuto, promises that "over the coming weeks, videos from high-profile U.K. politicians from all political parties and global A-list celebrities will be published online," according to Out4Marriage.org. "Each video will allow the politician or celebrity to explain why they're 'coming out for marriage' and will ask viewers to join them too." The campaign aims to spread outside its British roots to truly advocate for marriage equality on a global scale.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence? 17 min 12 sec ago
- Film New Man Of Steel and Wolverine Trailers Debut 2 hours 21 min ago
- Travel Top 10 Ways to Score and Upgrade on Your Next Flight 2 hours 57 min ago
- Travel A Perfect Day in Rio 7:59 AM
- Marriage Equality Recalls of Pro-Marriage Equality Lawmakers Quashed in Minnesota 5:30 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 4:34 AM
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 4:00 AM