Preserve Marriage Wash. Buys Facebook Likes from Thailand
BY Neal Broverman
October 06 2012 1:29 PM ET
A group trying to kill marriage equality in Washington State is participating in some nefarious promotion, according to Pam's House Blend.
Preserve Marriage Washington had about 6,000 "likes" on its Facebook page before it purchased thousands of additional likes from Thailand, according to the site. "It's hard to imagine the purpose of buying empty likes, except to perhaps generate a false sense of strength among local supporters," blogger Laurel Ramseye writes.
Washington voters will go to the polls on November 6 and weigh in on Referendum 74, which could bring marriage rights to same-sex couples.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- No More Bullying Meet the 2013 Point Scholars: Living Proof It Does Get Better 2 hours 20 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Dreaming in the White House 5:05 AM
- Commentary Day of Decision Op-ed: When a Marriage Would Split Us Up 4:00 AM
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain June 18 2013 9:44 PM
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood June 18 2013 8:09 PM
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos June 18 2013 7:46 PM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland June 18 2013 6:24 PM