Preserve Marriage Wash. Buys Facebook Likes from Thailand
BY Neal Broverman
October 06 2012 1:29 PM ET
A group trying to kill marriage equality in Washington State is participating in some nefarious promotion, according to Pam's House Blend.
Preserve Marriage Washington had about 6,000 "likes" on its Facebook page before it purchased thousands of additional likes from Thailand, according to the site. "It's hard to imagine the purpose of buying empty likes, except to perhaps generate a false sense of strength among local supporters," blogger Laurel Ramseye writes.
Washington voters will go to the polls on November 6 and weigh in on Referendum 74, which could bring marriage rights to same-sex couples.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- First African-American Gay Superhero Joins Arrow
- Antigay Texas Attorney General Surrenders After Indictment
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series