Preserve Marriage Wash. Buys Facebook Likes from Thailand
BY Neal Broverman
October 06 2012 1:29 PM ET
A group trying to kill marriage equality in Washington State is participating in some nefarious promotion, according to Pam's House Blend.
Preserve Marriage Washington had about 6,000 "likes" on its Facebook page before it purchased thousands of additional likes from Thailand, according to the site. "It's hard to imagine the purpose of buying empty likes, except to perhaps generate a false sense of strength among local supporters," blogger Laurel Ramseye writes.
Washington voters will go to the polls on November 6 and weigh in on Referendum 74, which could bring marriage rights to same-sex couples.
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People