Preserve Marriage Wash. Buys Facebook Likes from Thailand
BY Neal Broverman
October 06 2012 1:29 PM ET
A group trying to kill marriage equality in Washington State is participating in some nefarious promotion, according to Pam's House Blend.
Preserve Marriage Washington had about 6,000 "likes" on its Facebook page before it purchased thousands of additional likes from Thailand, according to the site. "It's hard to imagine the purpose of buying empty likes, except to perhaps generate a false sense of strength among local supporters," blogger Laurel Ramseye writes.
Washington voters will go to the polls on November 6 and weigh in on Referendum 74, which could bring marriage rights to same-sex couples.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Surprising No One, Texas State Senate Reaffirms Opposition to Marriage Equality
- 15 Queer Documentaries That Helped Define Us