Preserve Marriage Wash. Buys Facebook Likes from Thailand
BY Neal Broverman
October 06 2012 12:29 PM ET
A group trying to kill marriage equality in Washington State is participating in some nefarious promotion, according to Pam's House Blend.
Preserve Marriage Washington had about 6,000 "likes" on its Facebook page before it purchased thousands of additional likes from Thailand, according to the site. "It's hard to imagine the purpose of buying empty likes, except to perhaps generate a false sense of strength among local supporters," blogger Laurel Ramseye writes.
Washington voters will go to the polls on November 6 and weigh in on Referendum 74, which could bring marriage rights to same-sex couples.
- World News Elton John's Weekend Concerts in Russia to Proceed 20 min 12 sec ago
- Entertainment News WATCH: Leslie Jordan 'Go Bold' With Models to Crash Super Bowl 1 hour 37 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey 4:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Love Starts With Acceptance 4:00 AM
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts 4:00 AM
- Parenting Q&A: Darren Spedale, Co-Parenting Pioneer, Talks About His Latest Venture December 05 2013 10:40 PM
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM