Preserve Marriage Wash. Buys Facebook Likes from Thailand
BY Neal Broverman
October 06 2012 1:29 PM ET
A group trying to kill marriage equality in Washington State is participating in some nefarious promotion, according to Pam's House Blend.
Preserve Marriage Washington had about 6,000 "likes" on its Facebook page before it purchased thousands of additional likes from Thailand, according to the site. "It's hard to imagine the purpose of buying empty likes, except to perhaps generate a false sense of strength among local supporters," blogger Laurel Ramseye writes.
Washington voters will go to the polls on November 6 and weigh in on Referendum 74, which could bring marriage rights to same-sex couples.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay?
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Scout Comes Out to Camp Leader 26 min 9 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 51 min 34 sec ago
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 1 hour 25 min ago
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship May 22 2013 7:03 PM