Preserve Marriage Wash. Buys Facebook Likes from Thailand
BY Neal Broverman
October 06 2012 1:29 PM ET
A group trying to kill marriage equality in Washington State is participating in some nefarious promotion, according to Pam's House Blend.
Preserve Marriage Washington had about 6,000 "likes" on its Facebook page before it purchased thousands of additional likes from Thailand, according to the site. "It's hard to imagine the purpose of buying empty likes, except to perhaps generate a false sense of strength among local supporters," blogger Laurel Ramseye writes.
Washington voters will go to the polls on November 6 and weigh in on Referendum 74, which could bring marriage rights to same-sex couples.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Television 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever 25 min 36 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris 30 min 46 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Houston's Lesbian Mayor Reveals 'The Gay Agenda' 1 hour 48 min ago
- Marriage Equality Oregon Republicans Support Marriage Equality 2 hours 27 min ago
- Uganda Ugandans Challenge 'Jail the Gays' Law in Court 2 hours 34 min ago
- Travel Melissa Etheridge Performing Russian Anthem at Toronto WorldPride 2 hours 57 min ago
- Television Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay 1:39 PM