WATCH: Google Employees in Marriage Equality Video
BY Julie Bolcer
October 24 2012 10:18 AM ET
A new video from social media campaign TheFour.com features Google employees talking about the importance of marriage equality with less than two weeks to go before the referendums in four states.
Voters in Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, and Washington will vote on marriage-related initiatives on November 6. The issue has never won at the ballot, but current polling indicates the long losing streak could end this year.
In the new video, the Google employees talk about marriage equality in terms political and personal.
“This is going to be the civil rights issue of our generation,” says one employee.
Another says, “My partner and I are actually engaged, and finding a way to get married right now is kind of tough.”
The video was produced by the same team that created Google’s popular It Gets Better video, according to a news release from TheFour.com. TheFour.com uses social media to engage supporters, particularly young people, about the four ballot initiatives.
“We are excited to have the creative genius of Google employees as a part of our campaign,” said Brian Ellner, a co-founder of TheFour.com. “In thirteen short days, if we work hard and do everything we can, if we talk to friends and family about why marriage matters, we can make history and win all four ballot measures, and this remarkable short video from Google employees will help.”
Watch the video below.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper 32 min 49 sec ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 1 hour 17 min ago
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship 2 hours 28 min ago
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy 2 hours 31 min ago
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall 6:16 PM
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality 6:09 PM
- Travel Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples 5:07 PM