WATCH: Maryland Gov. O'Malley Celebrates Marriage Win
BY Neal Broverman
November 07 2012 4:04 PM ET
Democratic Maryland governor Martin O'Malley was ebullient on Tuesday after his state's voters affirmed marriage equality.
O'Malley has long supported marriage rights for all, championing the law that passed the Assembly in February and signing the bill in March. Through Question 6, voters were asked to affirm the law, and on Tuesday night, they did.
O'Malley spoke at the Question 6 results party in Baltimore. "Thank you for what you have done in this noble battle to move Maryland forward," O'Malley said to cheers. Watch more of his speech below, courtesy of the Washington Post.
- Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- WATCH: The Best From 6 Olympic Gay Divers
- Travel Berlin's Best Neighborhoods: A Primer 1 min 55 sec ago
- Entertainment News James Franco Teases 50 Shades of Batman & Robin 48 min 17 sec ago
- Entertainment News Tom Daley: 'It Really Was Love at First Sight' 54 min 17 sec ago
- Sports WATCH: The Best From 6 Olympic Gay Divers 7:04 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black 6:00 AM
- Bisexual Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Web Series 'Kelsey' - Kelsey Gets All Kinds of Action December 04 2013 8:27 PM