WATCH: Maryland Gov. O'Malley Celebrates Marriage Win
BY Neal Broverman
November 07 2012 5:04 PM ET
Democratic Maryland governor Martin O'Malley was ebullient on Tuesday after his state's voters affirmed marriage equality.
O'Malley has long supported marriage rights for all, championing the law that passed the Assembly in February and signing the bill in March. Through Question 6, voters were asked to affirm the law, and on Tuesday night, they did.
O'Malley spoke at the Question 6 results party in Baltimore. "Thank you for what you have done in this noble battle to move Maryland forward," O'Malley said to cheers. Watch more of his speech below, courtesy of the Washington Post.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- 6 Last-Minute Exercises for the Perfect Gay Beach Bod