WATCH: Maryland Gov. O'Malley Celebrates Marriage Win
BY Neal Broverman
November 07 2012 5:04 PM ET
Democratic Maryland governor Martin O'Malley was ebullient on Tuesday after his state's voters affirmed marriage equality.
O'Malley has long supported marriage rights for all, championing the law that passed the Assembly in February and signing the bill in March. Through Question 6, voters were asked to affirm the law, and on Tuesday night, they did.
O'Malley spoke at the Question 6 results party in Baltimore. "Thank you for what you have done in this noble battle to move Maryland forward," O'Malley said to cheers. Watch more of his speech below, courtesy of the Washington Post.
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'