8 Top Prospects for Expanding Marriage Equality
BY Julie Bolcer
November 20 2012 7:26 PM ET
Minnesota: The defeat of a proposed constitutional ban on same-sex marriage last month already has advocates thinking about next steps. Buoyed by Democratic control of the legislature and the governorship for the first time in decades, the door appears to be open for an expansion of marriage equality in the Midwest. However, some lawmakers still need to be won over, and there is debate about how a marriage equality conversation would interact with the upcoming work on the budget.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Mike Huckabee: Selfish 'Redefinition of Love' Is Destroying Marriage
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!