8 Top Prospects for Expanding Marriage Equality
BY Julie Bolcer
November 20 2012 7:26 PM ET
Minnesota: The defeat of a proposed constitutional ban on same-sex marriage last month already has advocates thinking about next steps. Buoyed by Democratic control of the legislature and the governorship for the first time in decades, the door appears to be open for an expansion of marriage equality in the Midwest. However, some lawmakers still need to be won over, and there is debate about how a marriage equality conversation would interact with the upcoming work on the budget.
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Texas Antigay Group Raising Money to Fight LGBT 'Army'
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Is CNN Coverage of Virginia Gunman Homophobic?